The abstract deadline for BSPED 2018 is 16 July 23:59 (GMT). There will be no extensions.
Please click here to submit your abstract after reading the important information below
If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same login for each abstract.
- You can alter your abstracts at any time up to the deadline.
- The abstract must be no longer than 330 words – any abstracts over 350 words will be rejected
- Do NOT include author names in the title or body of your abstract because a “blind” reviewing process will be used – you can enter the names online during the submission process.
Abstracts will be considered for oral or poster presentation. Submissions should either be original research or a significant audit and must contain data and results. Case reports which provide novel insights to clinical practice are also acceptable. Submissions must contain the following:
- Title of the presentation, names of the authors and the institution where they work.
- Introduction, description of methods/design, results and conclusion.
- Case reports should include introduction, case report and conclusions and indicate what novel insights into clinical practice or endocrine mechanisms they illustrate.
- Audits should describe the patient population, audit methodology, and outcomes which should encompass any change/benefit to clinical practice
Submitting an abstract
- As a first time user you will need to register your details with the submission system. After which you will be sent a confirmation email.
- Enter your chosen login details and you will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. If you want to submit a new abstract you should click the link that says ‘Click here to submit a new abstract’.
- Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Each step asks several questions. Some questions are marked ‘required’ and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered.
- If you have to stop part way through the process your submission can still be saved and submitted, however it will be marked as ‘Incomplete’ until you complete the all required sections of the form. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete abstract and resume submission.
Amending a submission
You may wish to change your submission. You can do this at any time up to the deadline; any changes made after the deadline will not be valid.
- Log in to the abstract submission system.
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amending an abstract is just the same as the original submission process except that the online form will be automatically filled in with the answers that you gave previously. To alter changes in the body of your abstract you will need to make the changes in a template and overwrite your original submission by uploading your most recent file. You don’t have to change an answer if you don’t want to.
- When you reach the final step and press ‘Finish’ you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
If you have any queries about the submission process or you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the abstract manager, Lucy Davison
Phone: 01454 642242
To submit your abstract, please Click Here