7 September 2021 (5pm BST)
Download the 2021 application form here
Please see further application requirements below.
To reward and support an innovative development or initiative within the paediatric endocrine or diabetes setting.
- Two awards of £1000 towards implementing or researching an initiative which aims to directly improve the care of children and young people with endocrine or diabetes diagnoses.
- The winner/s will also be invited to present their project at the BSPED annual conference the following year.
Prizes offered each year are dependent upon there being appropriate funds and financial stability within the society.
Entries for this award are welcome from all paediatric endocrine or diabetes nurse and AHP members involved in the care of children with endocrine or diabetes disorders.
- There will be one deadline per year (which will be published on this website and in the BSPED newsletter once set) with the prize awarded at the annual autumn BSPED meeting.
- Application form to be completed with a 500 word abstract and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by a minimum of one piece of supportive evidence.
- "An abstract comprises five parts of equal importance: the title, introduction and aims, methods, results, and conclusion."(Higgins et al, 2013)
- The supportive evidence may be video, booklet or the abstract extended into a journal article. Originality is encouraged!
- The entries will be judged by a panel of nurses and allied health professionals.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and not subject to appeal.
- If you have any questions before submitting your application, please contact the BSPED office.
See Previous Award Winners