Originally established in 2011, this group was re-launched, with generous support from Diabetes UK, and working in collaboration with the NIHR Clinical Research Network, in September 2017.
The aims of the group are:
- to identify research priorities for children with endocrine and diabetes conditions and ensure that their views are central to the development of future research;
- to support new study proposals;
- to advise NIHR CRN on study feasibility and study delivery;
- to support early career researchers with study design, signposting to clinical resources
- to work with family groups and industry to advocate for children
- to represent BSPED at European networks such as EUCADET, EnprEMA, Endo-ERN, Connect4Children
We meet at 2 face to face meetings a year, with telephone conferences in between. The endocrine studies group meets in the morning, and diabetes studies group in the afternoon, with networking over lunchtime.
You can find more information about current clinical trials and how to join them on our Active Clinical Studies page, or contact a subspecialty lead below.