The BSPED’s Clinical Committee is at the forefront of standard-raising and clinical guidance in British paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. As Chair of the Clinical Committee, you would steer a dedicated and passionate team of committee members from across the field to:
- Respond and give opinions on matters in clinical paediatric endocrinology and diabetes including ethical issues, and funding of high-cost therapies.
- Play an advisory role in the development of guidelines for optimal management of paediatric endocrine disorders and diabetes.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of audit in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes from a national perspective.
- Ensure adequate representation of paediatric endocrinology and diabetes to the media.
- Increase awareness of therapeutic issues and any possible therapeutic problems, and arrange for national surveillance/audit where deemed appropriate in paediatric endocrine and diabetes practice
- If required, investigate & disseminate information on any new therapy/problem therapy to the BSPED membership.
- Review and develop the provision of BSPED’s information for patients.
- Review the output of BSPED Special Interest Groups.
- Review surveys submitted by BSPED members prior to promotion by the BSPED.
- Co-ordinate peer review of the designated paediatric endocrine centres in the UK (including Northern Ireland).
Applications are requested for the position of BSPED Clinical Committee Chair, to take effect from the Clinical Committee meeting in February 2020. The successful candidate would shadow current Chair Tabitha Randell until May 2020 and then take the helm for a 4-year term of office. Please see the role profile or contact the BSPED office for more information.
Applicants should send a completed nomination form and their CV, together with a 200 word covering letter supporting their suitability for the position. All documents should be submitted electronically to the BSPED Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 6 January 2020.
Applications will be reviewed and the successful candidate selected by the Executive Committee.