Applications are requested for the position of BSPED Clinical Committee Trainee Representative, to take effect from March 2019. This is a new position on the Clinical Committee, giving a trainee in paediatric endocrinology/diabetes the opportunity to gain valuable experience, while representing the views and experiences of trainees in the field and contributing to the success of the Committee. The term of office is three years.
The Clinical Committee Trainee Representative will be the voice for BSPED trainees within the Clinical Committee and will contribute to fulfilling the Clinical Committee's responsibilities as follows:
- To respond to and give opinions on matters in clinical paediatric endocrinology and diabetes including ethical issues, and funding of high-cost therapies
- To play a leading role in the development of guidelines for optimal management of paediatric endocrine disorders and diabetes
- To participate in the development and maintenance of audit in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes from a national perspective
- To ensure adequate representation of paediatric endocrinology and diabetes to the media
- To increase awareness of therapeutic issues and any possible therapeutic problems, and arrange for national surveillance/audit where deemed appropriate in paediatric endocrine and diabetes practice
- If required, to investigate & disseminate information on any new therapy/problem therapy to the BSPED membership through the BSPED Office
For a full job description or if you have any questions, please contact the BSPED office.
Applicants should send their CV, together with a 200 word covering letter supporting their suitability for the position. All documents should be submitted electronically to the BSPED Office (email@example.com
) by 31 January 2019