TBC for 2018
To reward and support an innovative development or initiative within the paediatric endocrine setting.
- £1000 towards implementing or researching this or another initiative which aims to directly improve the care of children and young people with endocrine diagnoses.
- The winner will also be invited to present their project at the Nurses’ Annual General Meeting at the BSPED annual conference the following year.
Prizes offered each year are dependent upon there being appropriate funds and financial stability within the society.
Entries for this award are welcome from all paediatric endocrine nurse members involved in the care of children with endocrine disorders.
- There will be one deadline per year (which will be published on this website and in the BSPED newsletter once set) with grants awarded at the annual autumn BSPED meeting.
- Application form (which will be made available in due course) to be completed with a 500 word abstract and submitted to email@example.com, accompanied by a minimum of one piece of supportive evidence.
- "An abstract comprises five parts of equal importance: the title, introduction and aims, methods, results, and conclusion."(Higgins et al, 2013)
- The supportive evidence may be video, booklet or the abstract extended into a journal article. Originality is encouraged!
- The entries will be judged by a panel of nurses.
- There will be one deadline per year (which will be published on this website and in the BSPED newsletter once set) with the prize awarded at the annual autumn BSPED meeting.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and not subject to appeal.
See Previous Award Winners