The Society is looking for enthusiastic clinicians, scientists and nurses working in endocrinology to be Content Editors, who will contribute and review articles for ‘You and Your Hormones’, our public-facing website.
You and Your Hormones provides reliable online information and learning resources for students and the general public on hormones and hormone-related conditions. The website is written and reviewed by Society experts, and the Content Editors support the Editorial Board to help ensure the latest research and clinical practice are included across all areas of endocrinology.
This extremely popular website gathered over 112,000 users per month in 2019 and has recently been awarded an Association for Science Education (ASE) Green Tick. This certification means that You & Your Hormones will now be promoted as an ASE-evaluated resource that can support learning about hormones in schools.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- You’ll gain experience in an editorial role
- You can improve your writing skills for non-specialist audiences
- You’ll help public engagement with endocrinology
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
- Reviewing one or more articles per month
- Identifying novel topics to add to the website
- Writing new articles for the website
- Ensuring information is accurate, reliable and easy to understand
- Working alongside a supportive Editorial Board member
Volunteers will serve from November 2021 until 31 December 2023.
You can learn more and apply at: www.endocrinology.org/editors