The Society for Endocrinology invites applications for the role of Editor-in-Chief for Endocrine-Related Cancer for a five-year term starting in January 2021. Endocrine-Related Cancer is the official flagship Journal of the Society for Endocrinology and is endorsed by the European Society of Endocrinology, Endocrine Society of Australia, the United Kingdom and Ireland Neuroendocrine Society, and the Japanese Hormones and Cancer Society.
Governed by a single Editor-in-Chief with the assistance of an expert Editorial Board, Endocrine-Related Cancer provides a unique international forum for the publication of high-quality original articles and authoritative reviews describing novel, cutting-edge basic laboratory, translational and clinical investigations of human health and disease focusing on endocrine neoplasias and hormone-dependent cancers. The Journal is published by Bioscientifica.
The Editor-in-Chief oversees the peer review process and journal development, including the following:
•Triaging all new submissions for suitability prior to external peer review
• Overseeing the peer review process, with support of the Publisher, and confirming a decision for all submissions, ensuring consistent standards of acceptance and rejection are maintained
• Collaborating with the Publisher to agree the structure of, and appoint, an international Editorial Board
• Advising on journal development by identifying topics and global regions of emerging importance and soliciting submissions, including commissioning of review articles
• Providing market feedback to Publisher to aid the development of marketing strategy and representing the journal internationally
• Chairing an annual Editorial Board meeting as well as attending regular meetings with the Publisher
• Participating in the Society for Endocrinology Publications Committee meeting annually.
• Extensive editorial and administrative support is provided by the Publisher and an honorarium is paid annually.
Applications are due by: 1 April 2020
Applicants should submit the following materials:
• A CV including publication history and relevant editorial experience
• A critique of the present status of the journal, identifying opportunities for development.
Applicants do not need to be members of the Society for Endocrinology in order to apply. Membership will be granted to the successful candidate.
Applications should be emailed to Eleanor Davis, Chair of the Society for Endocrinology Publications Committee (email@example.com). Candidates will be shortlisted and interviews will be held in May 2020