The theme for this year’s meeting is “Working together, supporting expertise for a life without barriers”.
Here are just some of the highlights from the BSPED 2019 programme:
- Inquisitor session: Meet the Expert: Professor Mehul Dattani will be questioned by Dr Tim Cheetham about a variety of clinical scenarios.
- The Diabetes Debate: Dr Rachel Besser and Dr Anuja Natarajan will debate “This House believes that continuity of care with doctors underpins optimal diabetes management in children and young people with diabetes”.
- CME Day: Expert speakers will cover a wide range of topics such as investigation and management of 46 XY disorder of sexual differentiation, pituitary tumours, growth in small for gestational age, vulval skin disorders, hypopituitarism, talking to a child with DSD, promoting self-management in type 1 diabetes and diabetes technology update.
- Diabetes Professionals Day: Plenary sessions on practical diabetes, enhancing care, managing diabetes in special circumstances, diabetes trials and quality improvement.
- Endocrine Main Meeting: Plenary sessions on outcomes from endocrine disease and thyroid disease in children and a host of oral communications. Professor John Wass will give a guest lecture on ‘The history of Paediatric Endocrinology’.
- Nurses’ Day for Endocrine Professionals: This year there will be a lively multi-professional discussion on the emergency response to children with adrenal insufficiency. Renowned speakers will also be attending to present on the topical areas of growth in bone disorders, plus Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The best rates are available by booking before the early-bird deadline of 20 June 2019 (23:59 GMT)
The BSPED Conference dinner
The conference dinner will be held in the impressive National Museum Cardiff, located only a few minutes’ walk from the conference venue. This special evening will comprise a welcome drinks reception in the stunning galleries amongst famous pieces of art such as ‘The Blue Lady’, followed by a delicious three course meal and entertainment. The evening promises to be a great opportunity to spend time with friends and your team. Dippy the Dinosaur from the Natural History Museum in London is even joining the party, on his tour around the UK! Tickets are available via the conference registration system.