If you would like to inform the guidance that the BSPED provides to clinicians, we encourage you to apply for the role of Clinical Guidelines Officer on the BSPED Clinical Committee. Applications are now open, with a closing date of 28 February 2018. The successful candidate will take office from the Clinical Committee meeting in May 2018. The vacancy has arisen as a result of the completion of the term of office of Dr Mars Skae.
The Clinical Guidelines Officer is a member of the Clinical Committee, which meets 4 times a year, and also has specific responsibility for:
- Responding to any clinical guideline related queries received by the BSPED
- Considering and prioritising requests for new guidelines from the BSPED membership;
- Overseeing the development of any new clinical guidelines in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes, in accordance with the agreed BSPED policy for guideline development.
- Liaising with and supporting guideline authors and updating the Clinical Committee
- Facilitating the internal and external peer review of developed guidelines according to the BSPED's policy
- Ensuring the review of all BSPED guidelines every 3 years and that updates are made to the website accordingly
The position of the Clinical Guidelines Officer has a term of 3 years. For a full job description, please contact the BSPED office.
Applicants should send their CV including photo, together with a 200 word covering letter supporting their suitability for the position. All documents should be submitted electronically to the BSPED Office by 28 February 2018.